Deliciously Savory Quiche Recipe by Jamie Oliver: A Must-Try Dish!
Jamie Oliver, a renowned British chef and television personality, has delighted food enthusiasts with his innovative and delicious recipes. One such recipe that stands out is his mouthwatering quiche. Originating from French cuisine, quiche is a savory pastry dish filled with a rich and creamy custard-like filling. Jamie Oliver's version of this classic dish elevates it to new heights with his unique blend of flavors and ingredients. Whether you're hosting a brunch or looking for a satisfying meal, Jamie Oliver's quiche is a must-try dish that will leave you craving for more.
Ingredients required for Jamie Oliver's Quiche
To prepare Jamie Oliver's deliciously savory quiche, you will need the following ingredients:
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 125g cold unsalted butter, cubed
- A pinch of salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Ice-cold water (if needed)
- 200g bacon or pancetta, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g Swiss cheese, grated
- 4 large eggs
- 300ml heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
These simple yet flavorful ingredients are the foundation of Jamie Oliver's quiche recipe. Ensure you have them ready before diving into the cooking process.
Step-by-step instructions for preparing the quiche
Step 3: Step-by-step instructions for preparing the quiche
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F). Place a baking sheet in the oven to preheat as well.
2. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface until it's about 0.5cm thick. Carefully transfer the rolled-out pastry onto a 25cm tart tin, gently pressing it into the corners and up the sides. Trim off any excess pastry.
3. Prick the base of the pastry with a fork, then line it with parchment paper and fill it with baking beans or pie weights. This will prevent the pastry from puffing up during baking.
4. Place the tart tin on top of the preheated baking sheet in the oven and blind bake for about 15 minutes, or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
5. While the pastry is blind baking, prepare your filling. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, milk, salt, and pepper until well combined.
6. Remove the partially baked pastry from the oven and carefully remove the parchment paper and baking beans or pie weights.
7. Pour your chosen filling ingredients into the partially baked pastry case – this could be anything from cooked bacon and cheese to roasted vegetables and feta cheese.
8. Slowly pour over your egg mixture, ensuring that all of your filling ingredients are evenly coated.
9. Return the quiche to the oven and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until set in the center and golden brown on top.
10. Once cooked, remove from oven and allow it to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Note: Quiche can be served warm or at room temperature.
Tips and variations to enhance the flavor of the quiche
To enhance the flavor of Jamie Oliver's Quiche, here are some tips and variations you can try:
1. Experiment with different cheeses: While the recipe calls for cheddar cheese, you can try using other varieties like Gruyere, Swiss, or even a combination of cheeses for a more complex flavor.
2. Add herbs and spices: To give your quiche an extra kick, consider adding herbs like thyme, rosemary, or basil. You can also experiment with spices such as paprika or cayenne pepper to add a hint of heat.
3. Incorporate vegetables: While the recipe suggests using bacon and leeks, you can customize your quiche by adding other vegetables like mushrooms, spinach, or roasted bell peppers. This not only adds more flavor but also boosts the nutritional value.
4. Try different meats: If you're not a fan of bacon, you can substitute it with cooked ham or smoked salmon for a different taste experience. You can also combine different meats to create your own unique flavor profile.
5. Explore crust variations: While the recipe uses a traditional shortcrust pastry, feel free to experiment with different types of crusts like puff pastry or whole wheat crust for added texture and flavor.
Remember to adjust cooking times accordingly when making any variations to ensure that the quiche is cooked through and has a golden brown crust. Enjoy exploring these tips and variations to create your own deliciously savory quiche!
Nutritional information and health benefits of the quiche
Jamie Oliver's quiche recipe not only tantalizes your taste buds but also provides several nutritional benefits. This savory dish is packed with essential nutrients, making it a wholesome addition to your meal. Here's a breakdown of the nutritional content:
1. Protein: Quiche contains eggs, which are an excellent source of high-quality protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissues, as well as supporting muscle growth.
2. Vitamins and Minerals: Eggs are rich in vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin B12, and vitamin D. These vitamins play a crucial role in maintaining healthy skin, boosting immunity, and promoting bone health.
3. Healthy Fats: The combination of eggs and cheese in the quiche provides healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids. These fats are beneficial for heart health and can help reduce inflammation in the body.
4. Fiber: By adding vegetables like spinach or mushrooms to the quiche filling, you increase its fiber content. Fiber aids digestion, promotes satiety, and helps maintain stable blood sugar levels.
5. Calcium: Cheese used in the quiche is a good source of calcium, which is vital for strong bones and teeth.
It's important to note that the overall nutritional profile may vary depending on the specific ingredients used in Jamie Oliver's quiche recipe. However, this dish can be a nutritious option when prepared with wholesome ingredients and enjoyed in moderation.
Remember to consult a healthcare professional if you have any specific dietary concerns or restrictions before incorporating this dish into your meal plan.
Serving suggestions and pairing options for the quiche
Jamie Oliver's quiche is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed in various ways. It makes for a delightful brunch or lunch option when served with a side salad of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and a tangy vinaigrette dressing. The freshness of the salad complements the rich flavors of the quiche perfectly.
For a heartier meal, serve the quiche alongside roasted vegetables such as bell peppers, zucchini, and eggplant. The caramelized flavors of the vegetables add depth to the dish and create a satisfying combination.
If you're hosting a dinner party, consider serving Jamie Oliver's quiche as an appetizer. Cut it into bite-sized portions and present it on a platter with toothpicks for easy grabbing. This allows guests to enjoy the deliciousness of the quiche without feeling too full before the main course.
Pairing options for the quiche include light-bodied white wines like Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay. These wines complement the creamy texture of the quiche and balance its savory flavors. Alternatively, if you prefer non-alcoholic options, try serving it with freshly squeezed lemonade or iced tea for a refreshing contrast.
In conclusion, Jamie Oliver's quiche offers endless serving possibilities. Whether enjoyed as a standalone meal or part of a larger spread, this dish is sure to impress your taste buds and satisfy your cravings. So go ahead and get creative with your serving suggestions to make every bite memorable!
In conclusion, Jamie Oliver's Quiche recipe is a must-try dish for all food enthusiasts. With its buttery crust and flavorful filling, it is sure to impress both family and guests. The combination of ingredients such as eggs, cream, cheese, and vegetables creates a harmonious blend of flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. The step-by-step instructions make it easy to prepare, even for beginners in the kitchen.
By following Jamie Oliver's tips and variations, you can customize the quiche to suit your preferences and experiment with different ingredients. This versatile dish can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, or even as a light dinner option.
Not only is this quiche delicious, but it also offers several health benefits. Eggs are a great source of protein and essential nutrients like vitamins A and D. Vegetables add fiber and antioxidants to the dish, promoting overall well-being.
To enhance the experience further, consider serving the quiche with a side salad or some fresh fruit. It pairs well with a variety of beverages such as sparkling water or a glass of white wine.
In conclusion, Jamie Oliver's Quiche recipe is a delightful addition to any mealtime repertoire. Its simplicity combined with its rich flavors makes it an instant crowd-pleaser. So why not give this savory quiche recipe a try? Your taste buds will thank you!
Published: 01. 02. 2024